Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pill Count!

If you're ever around me and wonder what that rattling noise is, it's just me. Pharmaceutical drugs are a part of my daily life now and I now understand where my parents were coming from when they complained about taking so many pills. Here's my pill count on an average day:
*1 - Mercury-free Omega-3's, twice a day (2 total)
*2 - Metformin caplets, twice a day (4 total)
*1 - Acidophilos caplet, twice a day to counteract the bad tummy from the Metformin (2 total)
*1 - fertility drug of choice, this month Letrozole (1 total)
*1 - Pre-natal vitamin (1 total)
*1 - folic acid supplement (1 total)

So on a good day I'm at a grand total of 11 pills a day. Now if it's a bad day like today, add in a few Tylenol for headaches, a few Immodium for the drug/diet induced diarrhea, and a few papaya extract for the nausea. Those bad days I could be seeing 15-20 pills a day. We often joke in our house that I need one of those daily pill dispenser boxes because I'll often sit down for a meal (when I feel I can eat) and ask "Did I take my pills?"

No comments: