Thursday, March 27, 2008

A moment of panic

Tuesday night, while I was lying in bed, awake, I had a moment of panic, albeit brief. You see, I'd never allowed myself to think ahead to pregnancy. I never wanted to be wistful about something that may not happen for a long time. Tuesday, it started sinking in that I really was pregnant...those test sticks weren't wrong! I don't really feel any different but I seem more aware about everything.

In my brief moment of panic I just thought to myself, "I have no idea what to do next!" Sure I've had lots of friends and family members who have been pregnant so I'm not completely clueless but it's those little questions that I need to know about. I need to know what to expect, if what I'm feeling is normal, am I being a crazy pregnant lady, etc.

I've decided I can make it through the next week or so flying by the seat of my pants and looking a few things up on the Internet. Once we have our beta results back and things will seem to be okay then it's off to the bookstore for me...I have lots of reading I need to do!

In other news, I had my first beta draw today. I'd called Dr. H's office, as instructed on Monday by Receptionist B, to confirm that everything was set for Friday. This time I got the very nice receptionist and she told me I didn't need to wait. She asked if I could go in today so that I'd have the results tomorrow and could go for the second draw on Saturday, if necessary. Of course I agreed so I headed into town for a quick blood draw.

I had a very nice phlebotomist named Lisa. She'd asked if this was our first baby and I said yes. She asked if we had been trying long and when I told her 19 months her response was "Oh sweetie, I really hope this is positive with high numbers. You don't need to wait any longer!" I couldn't agree more, Lisa!

1 comment:

close2it said...

Amen to Lisa! You're gonna be a great pregnant lady and mommy~relax and enjoy!