Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Look on the Bright Side

Lots of times, when blogging about infertility, we focus on the negative things that are happening. We're sad, distraught, angry, frustrated, devastated, and slowly losing hope. It's normal that our posts tend to focus on the negative things going on (or not going on) with your treatment processes.

In hopes of looking on the "bright side" of things, I'm going to make a list of the positive things that have happened in the time we've been trying for a child.

1. I've lost 22lbs since November 2007.
2. I found a Dr. I love and have every confidence in his abilities.
3. I have some terrific, online friends who are also dealing with IF and can understand when either I don't want to talk about it or I just need to complain.
4. Y and I have grown closer despite our days of anger and upset.
5. We have managed to save extra money which we know will be needed to help pay for treatments and the future child.
6. We adopted 2 greyhounds that are our "kids".
7. We made a return trip to Disney World in 2007
8. I've started working toward my dream of my own Photography Business.
9. I can do 3+ miles on the treadmill in an hour.
10. I can still sleep in on the weekends if I want to (and the dogs cooperate).

1 comment:

close2it said...

Is this your way of telling me a bitter beotch ;) It's okay if you are, I need it sometimes.

Hope you had a great Easter and we hear good news soon!