Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blood draw, take two

I had my second beta draw this morning. Unfortunately, since it's Saturday, I had to travel to the main lab clear across town since it was one of two open today. I signed in and when I was called back, the plebotomist immediately asked me if she saw me yesterday or the day before. I told her that I had been in on Thursday. She laughed and said she drew my blood on Thursday. It's a sign...I had Lisa again!

While she was taking the draw we were chatting about Thursday's results. She asked if we had good news and I told her we did so she must be good luck. Sweet Lisa did a little good luck "doubling" dance with my vial before she put it in the specimen container to be sent for the results.

If this little bambino hangs in there for 40 weeks we just have to promise to request Lisa if he or she ever needs his/her blood taken. Not a problem, Lisa....we'd be happy to have you take our child's blood, if needed!

1 comment:

Nisha said...

This is SO exciting! I am so sad that I don't get to share in your daily life anymore - but thankful that I get updates on your blog. I too will do a double dance for you!