Friday, October 3, 2008

31 Weeks (and 2 days)! 61 days to go!

Plus nursery and belly pictures!

The Little Miss is now over 16 inches long and weighs approximately as much as four navel oranges at 3.3 pounds. She's now heading into a growth spurt. The Little Miss can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so I may have trouble sleeping because her kicks and somersaults keep me up (yes! and wake me from sleep, too!). All this moving is a sign the baby is active and healthy.

I had my 31 week OB appointment this week. Things were uneventful. It had been three weeks since my last appointment and I was up just 3 pounds. I'm right on track for weight gain at 14 pounds over all. My blood pressure was normal and my belly is measuring right around 30 cm. Considering "normal" measurement for 31 weeks is 31 cm I'm not too far off. Other than a lot of fatigue, I've been feeling pretty good.

The Nursery!
The nursery is now about 95% complete. We need to add a few more decor items to the walls and purchase and install a ceiling fan.

I love going into the nursery now. I'll sit in the glider, rocking and imagining what life is going to be like in the next couple of months. I find the room very calming and warm.

Be patient, there are a lot of nursery photos. I'll try to post them in sections here and hope you can bear with me through all the photos!

Overall Look:






Above the bookcase, on the right, we're wanting to add some pictures of animals that we've taken over the years. It's just a matter of picking out which ones we want to use and getting them printed out.







The Changing Ar
ea:







The wall here is really high and will definitely need something else on it. It looks quite bare for now!


The Closet:













The Bookcase:






This was my bargain find at Big Lots! I'd been searching high and low for a bookcase and ran across this one at Big Lots. I love it!


The Crib and Bedding:














This bedding is custom made by my Mom. I designed the look of all the pieces and purchased the material and she did all the hard work sewing everything. I absolutely love how it turned out.


We're so excited to have the nursery pretty well complete...it just means we're that much closer to having our daughter home and sleeping in that crib! We couldn't have done it without the help of my Mom. She's been a savior these past few weeks. From sewing to helping us get the supplies we need to helping organize everything....we couldn't have gotten this far without her!

No comments: