Wednesday, October 15, 2008

33 Weeks! (and Belly Pics)


49 Days to go! Eek!

Here's what's happening with the Little Miss this week:

She weighs a bit over 4 pounds this week or about the weight of a pineapple. She has also passed the 17 inch mark from head to heel. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies born vaginally are born with a cone-head like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


In other developments, well, not much new is happening with me. The Little Miss keeps pushing herself up into my ribs and diaphragm so there are days I have some real issues breathing. Thankfully, I've only had one REALLY bad day so far. I've had a couple of days that I'm sure can be declared as full-fledged nesting. One day last week I completed about 15 tasks on a to-do list including rearranging the linen closet, bathroom cabinets, kitchen cabinets and the office. With the nursery pretty well complete, we're mainly down to making sure we have all the necessary supplies for that first week or two home. We've managed to figure out about 70% of our December Birthdays and Christmas shopping, too. That really relieves a lot of stress knowing that major task is mostly under control.

I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm definitely more tired now than even just a few weeks ago. If I can manage a decent night's sleep, I find I have a fair amount of energy. If I don't, I can almost guarantee I can't get through the day without a nap or two. Some days that makes it really difficult to make it through the work day.

I have my 33 week OB appointment on Thursday so I'll have more to update then.

No comments: