Thursday, October 9, 2008

32 Weeks! (and 1 day)

Nothing much new to report this week. Nights are becoming more and more sleepless. Thankfully I can manage a nap during the day...even if it's only 30 minutes.

Here's what's happening with the Little Miss this week:
She now weighs between 3.75 and 4.5 pounds or about the size of a large jicama. She's also about 16.7 inches long now and taking up a lot of space in my uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth. Her skin is also turning from red to pink.

I'll update more after my appointment next week. 32 week belly weeks coming soon!

No comments: