Thursday, August 14, 2008

Scared.

That pretty well sums up my current state of mind.

I called my OB's office to notify her of the fall that occurred while we were on vacation. When leaving the message I was just anticipating a call back giving me instructions for what to be on the lookout for should any complications occur. Well, I was wrong.

I have to go through a several week abdominal trauma protocol at the hospital. This will include three consecutive days of NSTs (non-stress tests) to monitor the Little Miss' heart rate, any contractions, and her movements for several hours each day. If those results come back within the normal range, I'll return twice a week for two weeks for more NSTs until I'm given the all-clear that things really are okay.

I had assumed since I was feeling well, the Little Miss checked out okay at the ER out of state, she's been moving like crazy, and I'd had no cramping or bleeding that things were fine. Now I get this information and am scared witless.

While I'm sure this is all precautionary I can't help but be terrified. The thoughts and potential outcomes are too overwhelming to think about because, really, there's no one to blame but myself for the fall.

I'm now just waiting to hear from the hospital to find out when the testing will be scheduled. In the meantime we can use all the prayers, postive thoughts and good energy you can send this way. Just pray that all is okay and the Little Miss is indeed as strong and resilient as she's proven to be so far.

2 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

Jen, I have been reading your blog just to stay up to date. I hope everything continues to go ok with you and your little one! I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are just being EXTRA cautious with your precious cargo. Please keep us posted. {{{hugs}}}

Julie said...

Sorry for all the issues that came up while you were pregnant. I freak out reading this but luckily I know she's okay now so whew! I would have flipped. I don't think Randy could have taken my behavior haha!