Wednesday, August 13, 2008

24 Weeks! 112 Days to go!

Umm, that number is getting awfully close to two-digit numbers! Eek!

Little Miss has gained about 4 ounces since last week and is now over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn) she has a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up.

Baby Girl's brain is also growing quickly now and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

As for me, my uterus is now about 2 inches above my belly button and about the size of a soccer ball. No wonder I can't bend over anymore! Pretty much everything you see in the belly pictures is all baby since I've only gained a total of two pounds this pregnancy. That number should be increasing in the next several weeks as the Little Miss continues to grow.

24 Week belly pictures haven't been taken yet. We were delayed a few days coming home due to weather in the northeast. When we did make it home, we were without luggage. 95% of my maternity wear was in said luggage so I've been wandering around in crummy clothes until we do get the luggage. I'll post updated pictures as soon as they're taken!

No comments: