Wednesday, August 20, 2008

25 Weeks!

105 Days to Go!!

Has anyone else noticed the number of days to go is getting awfully close to two-digit numbers??!!

The Little Miss has grown to about 13 1/2 inches long from head to heel and is now about a pound and a half. Approximately the size of a rutabaga.

Baby Girl is exchanging her long, lean look for a little baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair - and if we could see it, we'd now be able to discern its color and texture. Although it's likely to change after birth. The Little Miss' lung sacs are also beginning to function this week.

In other developments with the NSTs, contractions have continued. Tuesday's NST revealed a fairly strong contraction and I continued having more at home. My OB and the staff Drs in the Triage department say I shouldn't worry until I begin having 6 contractions in an hour. Easy for them to say...especially when I know the contractions shouldn't even be occurring at this stage! Although there must have been something in the air yesterday as the hospital's labor and delivery rooms were completely full and babies were being born left and right.

I have 3 more NSTs to go. I'm really hoping the next week and a half flies by. I'm anxious to speak with my OB at my next appointment and hopefully get some of my fears relieved. Continue to keep us in your thoughts over the next few weeks. We need the Little Miss to stay put for another 15 weeks!

Belly pics to come later.....

No comments: