Wednesday, September 3, 2008

27 Weeks! 91 Days To Go!



Here's what's happening with the Little Miss this week:

The Little Miss weighs between 2 and 2 1/4 pounds - like the head of cauliflower. Speaking of cauliflower...that's one of the smells I still can't handle during this pregnancy. She is now about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now (no, you are NOT allowed to come out just yet!). I can chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements I may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her. She can also open and close her eyes between now and the 28th week.

According to some books and sites, I'm entering the 3rd trimester this week, others say this is the final week of the second trimester. Either way, the end is near!

We had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. We picked up a crib mattress, changing pad, and diaper bag....all on sale thanks to the coupons from Babies R Us! I did a few loads of her laundry and have begun putting some of the clothes away. We'll be picking out paint colors this weekend and begin painting in the next week or two. Of course, we'll have to work around the crib in the room but hopefully we can get it done without too much drama. Monday, Y and I took a trip to see the Diamondbacks play the Cardinals at Chase Field. We both could have used the day to catch up on rest, but we had an enjoyable day and were glad we took in the game.

And, as if we didn't have enough drama in our lives, Friend, our female greyhound, had a lump on the outside of her ear. We'd noticed it a week or so ago and decided to just keep an eye on it for a few days. Toward the end of last week the lump began forming a scab and just didn't look right. After a trip to the vet today we learned the lump was a tumor. Her vet is 80% sure it's a benign tumor but we had them remove it so it could be sent for a biopsy to confirm for sure. We should know the results of the biopsy by early next week.

I go for my 1-hour Glucose Tolerance Test Friday morning. I'm hoping and praying that I'll pass. This is one test I definitely don't want to fail! Since the PCOS puts me at greater risk for Gestational Diabetes I'll be wondering if all is okay until I get the results back! I know I'd still have the three hour test that I could still pass but I'd prefer to just be done with it after the one hour!

1 comment:

bella1021 said...

Sending you prayers for your test today!!!