Wednesday, September 24, 2008

30 Weeks! 70 Days To Go!!

Wow, I can't believe I'm at 30 weeks already! The exhaustion I should have had during the first trimester seems to have hit now in the third trimester. By the time afternoon and early evening rolls around, I'm ready for bed. When I do go to bed I'm quickly asleep. Of course I wake every few hours to go pee but a kid sitting on your bladder will do that to you. Add to that the Little Miss likes to be active throughout the night while I'm trying to sleep does not make for a very rested Mom.

Here's what's happening with the Little Miss this week:
She is now 15.7 inches long from head to heel and weighs about the same as a head of cabbage at 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision - which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

I'll be posting a nursery update and new belly pics in the next few days. My Mom has been hard at work sewing the bedding and the painting was completed last Saturday.


No comments: