Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Protocol

Once I graduated from Dr. H's office last week, I called my OB's office to set up my prenatal visits. The following conversation ensued....

"Hi, I need to schedule prenatal visits with Dr. S."

"Looking at your chart, it appears you haven't established pregnancy with the office."

"I've been under the care of my RE, Dr. H. I'm approximately 8 weeks along. I have all lab work and ultrasounds."

"Okay, we need you to come in and see the Nurse Practitioner so we can confirm your pregnancy. Do you have an estimated due date?"

Ummm??? I need to pee in a cup just in case Dr. H had the ultrasound wand shoved in someone else's crotch!? I now get to go "establish my pregnancy" with my OB's office on Thursday with NP Susan. Protocol or unnecessary frivolousness??

No comments: