Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My first real freak out

Today was the first day reality smacked me right upside the head.

I was going about my day, happily fatigued, when I had to make the requisite afternoon potty break. Everything seemed fine only soon I discovered I was spotting.

At first, I thought to myself "No big deal. Spotting is normal during the first trimester." And then the reality hit me. The spotting may be nothing, absolutely normal, or it could be a completely scary situation. Let the freak out begin.

As long as the spotting doesn't get darker, I don't pass clots, and I don't have any severe cramping I'll wait until Monday to see the little munchkin at our first ultrasound. So far I haven't had anymore spotting but it doesn't prevent me from holding my breath each time I have to use the bathroom.

I have to give the kidlet credit. He's apparently decided Momma doesn't need the worry and stress so he's so kindly given me extreme nausea. I thought that was very thoughtful, no?

No comments: