Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Graduated Today....

from the RE that is!

We had our follow-up ultrasound for a growth check today. Everything is absolutely perfect so far. Our little one is healthy and growing!

It was obvious, at first glance, that the baby had grown. The yolk sac was quite visible today, too. The baby grew from 4mm on the 14th to 12mm today. So, the baby's measuring accordingly at 7w3d and is actually a day ahead if you figure growth from last Monday's ultrasound. It's heart was hammering away at 175 bpm.

I have the pleasure of continuing the progesterone cream until I reach 13 weeks. I'll also continue on Metformin throughout the pregnancy and have been given a prescription for Zofran to help with the nausea. It's not so much that I'm vomiting but rather I'm so nauseous I just don't want food.

I'm sad to leave Dr. H's care. He's such a good, caring Dr. and has been so supportive throughout this entire journey. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we're moving on but once you have such outstanding care it's hard to deal with anything less than perfect.

Below, are three of the ultrasound pictures from today's scan. You can actually see more of a blob rather than just a couple of lines!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You don't know me, but I linked to your blog through The Nest. I cried when I saw that your little one was all right. I lost one at 5 weeks about four months ago. It was truly the most awful moment of my life. You got the gift that every woman who miscarries wants (oh, we were wrong, there's your baby and it's fine!). I pray for continued health as you continue your pregnancy. I'm now pregnant again and due New Years Eve. I'm extremely nauseous but in a "good" way. And, the nausea does improve, hang in there; this is my 3rd baby and the early weeks are definitely the worst.

-A

K D said...

Jen, what a gorgeous little baby you have there! I couldn't be happier for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled that your baby is growing so well! I already have a feeling on the gender, but I'll wait a while before I tell you. :P

I'll keep praying that your little leach comes out perfectly healhty.