Friday, April 18, 2008

An update

So I'm technically 7 weeks today. If the baby is growing as it should be, it should be measuring 6w3d today from its size at Monday's ultrasound.

I'm nauseated and tired, both of which are positive signs. The spotting has continued off and on. I'm finding if I'm up and around a lot, and especially two days in a row, that I'll start spotting or bleeding again.

Dr. H is suspecting, from comparing Friday's ER ultrasound scans to Monday's scan, I may have had something called a subchorionic hemorrhage. It's basically a clot in the uterus, near the placenta. There was apparently a small spot on Friday's scan that didn't appear on Monday's scan. Current speculation is the clot was dislodged due to the growing placenta which would explain Friday's bleeding and passed clot. The best cure for these types of clots is little activity and staying off my feet as much as possible.

There are days I can feel myself going stir crazy. I want to clean, I want to work on the yard, I want to go for long walks...none of which I can do right now.

Y is getting the raw end of the deal. We no longer have meals together as I'm often too nauseated to eat or I'm craving something really specific. He's also had to pick up the slack with dog duty and general house chores. He was never one of these husbands that sat on his hind end while the wife did all the work. We've always had pretty equal share in duties. I feel bad that I'm now the one sitting on my rump while he does whatever it is that needs to be done.

So that's the news from here. We're hanging in there and counting down the days to Thursday's ultrasound!

No comments: