Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Morning" sickness? What's that?

It's been a while since I've updated. This week has brought fatigue and afternoon nausea. When I fall asleep at night I'm out to the world until the morning. Even an hour or so after waking I feel as if I could go take a nap. Usually, late afternoon, I hit a wall and feel like I could sleep standing up.

In addition to the fatigue, I have nausea that seems to set in around 2pm every day. Thursday was a particularly rough day. We went out for dinner to celebrate Wednesday night. I woke around 3am to the kidlet not being happy with dinner. The rest of the day Thursday I spent trying to curb the constant nausea. Morning sickness? Ha!

I've also discovered showering makes me nauseous, too. I think it's the combination of the warm, steamy shower and bending over to shave my legs. I now have to shower in the middle of the day when I'm feeling good. Thank goodness I work from home and have this flexibility!

I asked my mom and sister how their morning sickness was. They both complained of the constant nausea but both suffered theirs in the morning. Thankfully, it seems their morning sickness lasted only through the first trimester, except for my sister's last pregnancy.....that one she was sick the whole time! I'm hoping mine will be like all their other pregnancies.

I really don't have much to complain about. The nausea, while annoying, is comforting...it's a reminder I really am pregnant!

1 comment:

merry said...

i haven't actually found out wether or not i'm pregnant yet, (i have all the symptoms but repeated negative tests!) but upon reading your blog, i am even more convinced that i am in fact pregnant. i was just explaining how i felt very nauseous while showering and i thought that it was because of bending over to shave my legs and the hot water. please keep posting, this really helped me!!!!!!