Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update!

Today was my "establish your pregnancy" appointment. The staff for the NP were a tad confused as to what I had or hadn't had performed so far. It sure made me miss the competence and knowledgeable staff at Dr. H's office. Once the confusion was cleared up we were on our way.

I had a pelvic exam, discussed my history, and calculated my expected due date (EDD). Their office wanted to measure from my last period instead of insemination. My EDD changed from 12/5/08 to 12/3/08. I'm now at 9w1d from my LMP. I also had the requisite urine sample and blood draw, as well.

For the next three Tuesdays, I have appointments. May 6th will be an OB orientation class. Is it bad I'm hoping to get a bunch of goodies as a result?? May 13th will be my first full exam with my OB. I should get an ultrasound and likely hear the heartbeat. May 20th will be the first trimester screening with NT (Nuchal Translucency) Scan. The NT Scan is basically a detailed, non-invasive ultrasound to determine the baby's risk for Downs Syndrome/Trisomy 18 and can also detect congenital heart problems. A series of calculations, including a blood test to check the HCG levels and PAPP-A (Pregnancy Associated Plasma Protein - A), my age, and the scan results will determine our odds of the abnormalities detected by the scan.

It's going to be a busy few weeks! I'm looking forward to moving on with the next steps in the pregnancy and getting a chance to see our baby!

No comments: