Wednesday, May 14, 2008

11 Weeks!

Here's what's happening with Baby J this week:

Baby J is between 1 1/2 -2 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig.

Is it just me or does the fig look smaller than last week's kumquat??

Anyway, back to development.. Baby J is now almost fully formed. His hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his gums, and some of his bones are beginning to harden.

Baby J is already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I won't feel the baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will I notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that his diaphragm is forming.

I had an OB appointment on Tuesday. Everything was completely normal. All lab work came back as normal, my HCG level was sky high and my uterus is "getting nice and big". We also got to hear the heartbeat. Dr. S found it very quickly and it was around 170 bpm.

I'm on pelvic rest until I hit 14 weeks. I'm still spotting but she wasn't worried. Next Tuesday we have the first trimester screening that includes the NT Scan. I'm really looking forward to seeing the baby but most importantly, I'll be thrilled to learn it's healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! How exciting. :D I can't wait to hear how the next appt goes.