Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trigger: Y - 1, Me-0

Well the trigger shot is completed. I'm such a wuss though.

I had called my Mom for our weekly Sunday chat, dreading the upcoming shot the whole time. After I hung up I had stalled enough. I got the syringe from the refrigerator, used the alcohol wipe to clean the area, prepped the syringe, grabbed an inch of skin below my belly button, and panicked. I could NOT do it. My hands were shaking and I was on the verge of tears.

I told Y he had to do it because I couldn't. He took the syringe and asked "You want me to go slow or just jab it in there?" I said "Just do it...and do it fast!"

I couldn't watch the needle going in....I never can. The needle poke didn't hurt at all but it was uncomfortable when the liquid was injected. When it was all over I started crying. Seriously. I'm a wuss. Apparently my life as a heroin addict is a bust...

No comments: