Monday, November 17, 2008

Still here.

Still pregnant. Still uncomfortable.

16 days to go as of today. I'm completely done with work. I managed to finish my last contract last Thursday. I ran some errands last week and got the few last minute supplies we needed for the hospital. The thank you notes I needed to write (up to this point) are done and all of the baby laundry and supplies are clean. We've also stocked up on groceries for a few weeks.

Currently, the things remaining on my to-do list mainly revolve around Christmas and December birthdays. The family shopping is complete, all I need to do is wrap and mail out the gifts. I still need to do the shopping for Y but seeing as neither of us has started any shopping for the other, I think we'll both understand if things are a bit late. I did, however, make a deal with Y. If I haven't given birth by the weekend, we're getting out all the Christmas stuff and putting up the tree and decorations. We normally wait until after Thanksgiving but I don't think we can wait that long this year...especially since Christmas will be at our house.

Contractions are continuing but they aren't coming at regular intervals yet. They are becoming longer - about a minute or so in length. It seemed things were moving quickly last week but from Thursday on there hasn't been much activity. I have my 38-week appointment on Thursday so I'm sure I'll update more then.

No comments: