Wednesday, November 12, 2008

37 Weeks! Just 21 days to go!

The Little Miss is full-term this week! If she were to arrive now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, despite my due date being 3 weeks away.

The Little Miss now weighs 6 1/3 pounds and is a bit over 19 inches long head to heel, similar in length to a stalk of Swiss Chard. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. We shouldn't be surprised if The Little Miss' hair isn't the same color as ours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Appointment update:
I had my 37-week appointment on Tuesday (36 weeks, 6 days technically). All the stats were normal but the Little Miss could arrive any day now! I was 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. I've also started losing my mucus plug. My OB commented that it seemed the Little Miss had dropped a bit more since my last appointment. I'm a wee bit nervous about her arrival being SO close. Granted, she could decide to stay put for a few more weeks, too.

I have the hospital bag and diaper bag packed - as much as they can be anyway. I have the "It's hospital time! Do we have...." list in hopes that when it's time we won't forget important things. Our contact list is all ready and the dogs are set to spend time with their boarder since the hospital is a ways from our house.

Now, to just finish the one last contract for work and we'll be golden.

No comments: