Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby Bump Envy

I admit it. I have baby bump envy.

While Y & I both know I'm pregnant, I still don't quite have the all-telling bump. There are days I look at my profile in the mirror and wonder if other people can tell I'm pregnant. I'm positive the consensus is a resounding, "No". I currently just appear to be enjoying a few too many meals despite not having gained a single pound so far this pregnancy. I'm sure if you ask me at 36 weeks when I'm large and waddling I'll be wondering why I was in such a hurry for the bump to appear. I think it all comes down to the fact we worked so hard to get here and I want the world to know we finally succeeded!

Here's my bump at 13 weeks, 2 days. It doesn't look like much more than chub, huh?


Maybe there should be a pregnant Mom's code or a new commandment: "Thou shall not envy thy neighbor's baby bump."

No comments: