Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

So I'm a day late on this, but we had a really busy weekend.

To Y:
Our child will be so lucky to have you as their Dad. Not only are you completely goofy but you have no qualms doing whatever needs to be done for any of your friends or family. This is definitely going to be a new adventure in our lives, one you may not feel completely qualified for, but I know you'll do everything you can to be sure this child is loved and well-cared for. Next year you'll be celebrating your first official Father's Day and I can't wait to see how much things have changed in a year!

To my Dad:
I miss you daily. Each Father's Day, birthday, and holiday celebrated without you is just not the same. I may have grumbled as a child and teenager thinking you were being overprotective, and there were times you definitely were, but there was never any doubt how much you loved me. I miss the days you'd spoil me with McDonald's cheeseburgers when I was under the weather or those summer's you'd take me to the local diner to enjoy a meal together. I couldn't have asked for a more loving father and I'm so sad our child won't ever have the chance to meet their grandpa and you won't get to meet your newest grandchild.


To my Father-in-law:
Thanks for raising such a great son. You obviously set a good example for him growing up and I look forward to seeing him "in action". Thanks for accepting me into your family as one of your own. Not only do you feed us well (baby, included) but you keep us laughing, even when the times are tough. I look forward to watching you interact with you future grandchild and hope that you get many years together.

So, to all the Dads and Dads-to-be in my life and in yours, I wish you a very Happy Father's Day (even if it's a day late!). I hope you all know just how much you're loved.

No comments: