Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Uhhh...REALLY!?

So, umm, The Little Miss used the potty yesterday. She's 17 months old. And she used the potty. She ASKED to go.

We were in the bathroom washing our hands when she walked over to the toilet and wanted to get on. I asked her if she had to go and got an "Uh huh".

Okay....

So I take off her clothes and diaper, set her on the potty (this goes to show just how NOT ready we are for potty training - no little potty or seat adapter for the big potty) and she's all smiles while I'm holding her. Next thing I know she's actually going!

I was in shock. Amazed. And honestly in disbelief. I'M not ready for potty training. I figured I'd wait until she was 2 and see if she showed any interest. As much as I want to be free of diapers, I wasn't going to push it until she was ready. Who knew she may be ready before I am.

I texted my sister with the news and she just laughed. Her reply: "I told you she would be an advanced, genius child." My sister is delusional.

I guess our little princess is growing up. Can I protest!?

No comments: