Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hello, Blog World!

This is me, coming up for air, after what seems like weeks of endless time-sucking activities. I'll fill you in and, hopefully, along the way I'll share some pictures.

First up: Our trip:
We had a good time. There were numerous battles over whose turn it was to hold Sophie. Between Grandma, two sets of Aunts and Uncles, four cousins, numerous "honorary Aunts" and the multitude of friends, Y and I stood no chance of spending any time with our daughter. Little Miss S was spoiled rotten, not only with gifts, but the onslaught of attention. She was held, daily, for her naps, entertained constantly by her cousins who were head over heels for her, and the center of everyone's attention. No one cared that Y and I were there, S was the star of the show. And, really, who can blame them? But then again, I'm biased.

Sophie and her Aunt Amanda and Uncle Dave


The Grandkids all together. L to R: Justin (16), Kiana (11), Sophie, Danielle (16) and Mariah (12).

Sophie with Aunt Angie, Uncle Jonathan and cousins Justin, Mariah, and Kiana

Grandma and Sophie.

A note about my Mom. She was released from the hospital just 3 days prior to our arrival. She had pneumonia and was on the mend - she was definitely worn down!



Grumpy, Sleepy, Dopey and Sneezy:
Turns out, not spending much time with my daughter ended up being a good thing. On the second day in Missouri I ended up sick. Sore throat, ear ache, stuffy nose, sneezy...you name it, I had it. I was worried it was turning into strep or something similar so I did my best to not infect everyone. I thought I was doing a good job of this until the Friday before our flight back. Sophie was getting a snotty nose and by Saturday it was full-blown. We didn't have our super snot sucker nasal aspirator with us so I had to rely on whatever was handy to clean out her nose a bit. This included burp cloths, napkins, my shirt, my fingers, etc. The poor bug looked miserable but remained in decent spirits. A few days later, just in time for Y to head back to work, he got it. Just when I thought I was done, I got the sore throat and ear aches a second time. I swear it was the Land of the Germed around here!

Don't let this picture fool you. This was day 2 of Super Cold. I felt miserable!



See Kai Run!

Prior to leaving for Missouri, I had entered a contest on Babble for a pair of Smaller Shoes from See Kai Run. I was SO excited when I found out I'd won! Just a few days after we'd returned home, the shoes had arrived. Sophie is now the proud owner of the Lisa shoe.


Aren't these the cutest shoes?! And the best part is they were FREE! Many thanks to Babble and See Kai Run for this fabulous prize!


The Rest of the Story:

We also had Sophie's 4-month check-up when we returned. All was well. I'll actually do a seperate 4-month update...now that she's days from being 5 months old! We've also been dealing with sleep and more constipation issues. I'll detail those in the 4-month post. In addition to all of this I've had a huge work deadline (have I mentioned I only work when Little Miss naps? Sleep issues = no work time for Momma), I was summoned for jury duty (was excused, thank goodness) and Y got a flat tire while out running errands last week. Ahhh, gotta love those unexpected expenses!

While you await the 4-month update (you're on the edge of your seats..I can tell!), I'll leave you with some of the activities Sophie enjoyed while we visited family and friends:

There were walks with the cousins:

Storytime. Lots of storytime:

And her favorite activity of the week? The Wii, of course!

More updates to come! Have a great weekend!

No comments: