Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Team Blue or Team Pink???

Monday was our big ultrasound....you know the one...yep, that one. The one where we find out what we're having! Drumroll please......


We're having a GIRL!!!


My appointment wasn't until 3:30 in the afternoon. Y took the afternoon off to go with me. Traffic ended up being pretty light so we arrived about 20 minutes early. The receptionist asked if we knew we were early. I told her we did but I was okay with waiting. I settled into my chair, with a very full bladder, when about 5 minutes later the ultrasound tech was calling us back. She asked if we wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. Y and I exclaimed "Absolutely!"

I was a little disappointed that the large, flat-panel viewing screen was at just enough of an angle to cause a glare for me while I was lying on the table. I could see most of what the tech was looking at but the glare made a few things indistinguishable. She took all her measurements and pictures she needed then angled her screen to point out all the important things to us.

She stared at her genitals for a long time making sure Baby J was indeed a girl. When she typed GIRL on the screen, I looked at Y and said "It's a girl!". Apparently the expression on my face or my voice worried the tech because she responded "That's a good thing!". I just laughed and explained that the girl's name was one we couldn't decide on yet so it figured that we would be having a girl. We've had the boy's name picked out for well over a year.

Baby Girl J is perfectly healthy. Heart, stomach, kidneys, bladder and brain all look normal. No cleft palette or Spina Bifida. She has 5 finger and toes on each hand and foot. She's definitely a feisty little thing. She did NOT want to reveal her feet on Monday. She's head down with her butt on my left side and feet on my right. Everytime the tech would push on her feet, Little Miss would kick back then grab her feet with her hands. Little Miss is measuring about 3 days behind but the tech and my OB both said it's absolutely nothing to worry about. My EDD is still Dec 3rd.

Things are going well with me, as well. Placenta previa is NOT an issue as we had suspected. The placenta is up and out of the way. I've gained only 6lbs so far so my OB was quite pleased with that. Other than a few headaches now and then I've been feeling pretty great! I'm definitely counting my blessings.

Presenting the Little Miss:

A profile shot. Just above her belly is a hand and a foot.


Another profile shot. Her hand is at her side.



Little Miss sucking on her thumb.

Now....on to picking out nursery furniture and decor!

6 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

Congrats, J and Y!!!!!

Kellie said...

Yay for a girl! Congrats!

Alea said...

Awww....Yay for a girl! Congratulations!!!

Karol said...

Aww, congratulations! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Eeeeek!!!! OMG! I am soooo excited for you!!!

maui8908 said...

Congrats on your little princess!