Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Belly Pics and Bedding Decisions

First, here is the 19 week belly pic. It was taken late at night so you're only getting the cropped version. I would scare too many people if you saw my face in this one! Ha!


Now on to the good stuff. While we were in Missouri, my Mom informed us that she wanted to make the bedding for Little Miss. I, as many parents, had just been planning on buying a set once we found out what we were having. While I appreciate my Mom offering to make the bedding for us, I had no idea the stress it would cause! Not only did we have to come up with a color scheme but we had to consider material designs, comforter designs, bed skirt designs etc., find the material that would fulfill those requirements and then put it all together so we could decide if the designs were going to work. I spent the majority of two days looking at material swatches online. I first picked out key pieces of material I liked, then went in search of coordinating or complimentary material. Once that was done, I put everything together designing my own comforter, bed skirt, and bumper pads to be used later.

So without further ado, here are two of the possible comforter designs. We will be going with the first one as soon as I get the swatches in my hand and can confirm that it will indeed look okay.

Comforter design #1


Comforter design #2

We're planning to paint the walls a soft yellow or goldish color. The paint will be chosen once I have the swatches in hand and can take them with me to look at samples. We'll accent with the red color and have an overall safari theme. Giraffes happen to be one of my favorite animals so I'm looking forward to picking out a few of my favorite giraffe pictures to use as artwork on the walls.

No comments: