Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Super Moment with the Super Moon

Yes, I know, the "Super Moon" was last weekend but it's been a little busy....

While awaiting the rising of the moon over our horizon and mountains, S and I were outside gazing at the stars. My Dad had been on my mind and in my heart a lot last week as a close friend lost her Dad to cancer just a few days prior. While S and I were chatting about the stars I told her, "Grandpa is up there in the stars. He's watching you every day. If he were here right now I'm sure he'd be showering you with hugs and kisses."

S continued looking at the sky deep in thought. She then looked me in the eyes then back up at the stars and in her sweet little voice said, "Hi, Gampa!" while waving her sweet little wave. Tears formed in my eyes while I gave her a big squeeze. She has no idea how much her acknowledging her Grandpa meant to me.

No comments: