Monday, June 21, 2010

Really? 19 Days....

 since I declared us STILL sick!? Wow.

Well, we're all (FINALLY) better. That virus was one of the longest lingering things we've had possibly ever. Y still has a lingering cough but I believe we're pretty well back to normal. The virus had us down for what seemed like ages then we spent the next week or two trying to catch up on all the work we became behind on.

I have several posts I need to catch up on and few things that have been weighing on my mind and heart I'd like to put out there. So in the meantime here are some random happenings from the past month or more:

  • The Little Miss is mimicking EVERYTHING. Just the other night I look up from making dinner to see her with her hands in the air above her head, twirling like the dancers on an episode of The Wiggles. Adorable.
  • We're down to one nap a day as of last week. It just happened. One day she was taking two naps a day and the next she'd only take one. I'd put her down for her second nap and she'd spend it reading books, playing and chattering until I'd hear: "Mama!". We're currently struggling with WHEN she should go down. She usually can't make it past 11am but that means from 1pm(ish) until bedtime there are no naps and by 5pm she's turned into a Crank Monster.
  • This is a difficult one to admit but I'm worried about Sophie's speech. She's smart, no doubt (although what parent WON'T say they're child is smart!?), but she's also very stubborn and strong-willed. Why should she use words when her grunts, points, and sign-language get the point across? Having worked with children with speech delays I instantly worry.
  • A close friend of mine passed away two weeks ago very unexpectedly. She had complications from a recent surgery. It's hit me really hard. She was just 2 years older than myself with a 12 year-old daughter. All I can think of is her daughter and how much she has to be struggling with her loss. A death at ANY time is so difficult to cope with but...well, I just can't fathom how the family is coping.
  • I miss my hobbies. I used to read, scrapbook, and take photos. I still take photos and I still read but it's not the same. The photos are mostly of The Little Miss. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to take those photos but I also miss just taking off and finding random things to take pictures of. Reading is just a few pages before going to bed at night. I haven't had a day where I felt like I could just curl up with a good book and spend the day reading. Scrapbooking - it's non-existent. I have the supplies but they are stored away, awaiting the day I have the time (and the SPACE) to spread everything out and get those photos in an album. I know there will be a day when I can do all of these again but for now, I miss my hobbies.
  • I received an early birthday present. The Wii Fit Plus package. The results were depressing. I know I can't lose a ton of weight with the Wii but I'm hoping it will be a little something extra as the heat of the AZ desert turns unbearable and I can't get to the treadmill that's currently in the (non-air conditioned) garage.
  • I wish there was a way to spend time with someone from the past. I've been missing my Dad lately. The Little Miss is a riot most days and I KNOW my Dad would have adored her. She has the same spunk my Dad possessed and I can just see them being the best of buddies.
Enjoy a photo of the Little Miss while you await the next post (which I really hope is coming SOON!):
Taken at her Great Grandmother's 90th birthday party.
She wasn't sure what to make of all the strange people around!

No comments: