Thursday, March 5, 2009

What's in a name?

A lot apparently. Our daughter is going to have an identity crisis when she gets older. She rarely gets called by her legal name. Here are just a few of her oft-used nicknames:
  • Farty Bear - Miss S is the Queen of Gas and we often wake to her farting every morning. Very lady like, no?
  • Farty Pooper - Not that this needs much explanation but it refers to when she farts and a little poo comes out.
  • Droolie Andrews - Drooling is constant now. A little spin on Julie Andrews.
  • Droolia Roberts - Julia Roberts
  • Grumpy Wumpus - This one is interchangeable with....
  • Sophie Grace Crankypants
  • Squirmy Wormy
  • Piggly Wiggly - These are usually used when trying to change her diaper.
  • Goober
  • Squirt
She's going to think her parents are such dorks when she's older.

And now here's a shot of the Princess herself. If you look closely you can see evidence of Droolie Andrews and Droolia Roberts making an appearance.

2 comments:

Julia Arteno said...

Hi. You don't know me but I came across your blog (I don't even really know how) and just wanted to say that your little girl is adorable and that I will definitely stop by once in a while to read updates. So I thought I could tell you who I am :)

Julie said...

Love the nicknames- Just read them to my mom and she and I were nearly crying from laughing so hard. Poor girl- but I think she'll grow up with a good sense of humor. :)