Monday, March 1, 2010

Cancer Sucks.

My heart is heavy today.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around a loving God whose will is to take a precious 2 year-old dying from stage 4 neuroblastoma. If you haven't heard about Layla Grace, please take the time to read her story and follow her Mom's updates on twitter. As a mom, this one is very hard for me.

My heart is also heavy for a dear family friend and former minister who was sent home this weekend with Hospice care. He has an incurable lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure. To see a man so strong in faith turn into a frail shell of his former self is difficult to swallow. He renewed my parents' wedding vows on their 30th anniversary 15 years ago and then preached my Dad's funeral 7 years later. A funeral, he admitted, was the most difficult for him to do as it was such a good friend lost. A friend, my father, gone to cancer as he soon will be, too.

Cancer sucks, dear friends. It SUCKS.

No comments: