Monday, February 22, 2010

Comfort

I still need to catch-up on posts but thought I would share this little tidbit.

The Little Miss is becoming quite perceptive to emotions. On days I'm feeling down or just all around frustrated, I will scoop her up where she will lay her head on my shoulder, arm around my back. With that sweet little hand she'll gently pat my back providing the much-needed comfort I didn't know I was seeking.

She was especially perceptive when her Dad was having surgery and I couldn't hold it together, breaking down into tears when I picked her up. It was that sweet pat on the back that got me through the night.

Comfort.

I love my sweet, sweet girl.

1 comment:

Jacks Mom said...

Aren't babies precious? Our friend just brought their newborn over, she was crying like they do. Jack would not take his eyes off her and followed her parents around with a very concerned look. It was so cute. He is starting to feel empathy.