Sunday, September 6, 2009

Teeth and Monster Machines!?

As promised...more posts!

My apologies for the delay...we've been a tad sick around here. I'll save that for another post. (See how clever I'm being dragging you out like that? Ha!)

First off...TEETH!

Sweet Sophie's gotten her top teeth in now. It has taken FOREVER for the second top tooth to break through and it FINALLY did today. Her first top tooth broke through August 9th...and now, nearly a MONTH later, the second one is finally here. When the first one initially came through, Sophie spent her days grinding her teeth. OMG....can we say chills for Momma!? Nothing I could do would get her to stop. She's let up now that the tooth is most of the way out but I was about to go bonkers for a while. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Speaking of, I guess that's another benefit of white boards and smart boards in the classroom...no more fingernails scraping the chalkboards! Although students are missing out on that precious cleaning of the classroom erasers job. Remember that classroom duty when you were in Elementary School? It was like the best privilege to get to clean the erasers....either that or I was a total nerd....

Anyway, it's been difficult to capture shots of those top teeth but here are a few. You can see them if you tilt your head and squint. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Done? Okay....moving on.

Monster Machines!

Our friends from Connecticut came for a visit early August (yes, I realize that was a month ago). The 2 1/2 year old, J, LOVES CAT machines. We managed a special tour of the local Caterpillar Training Grounds while they were here and it was a HUGE hit...literally and figuratively! I think we adults enjoyed the tour just as much as the kids!

I'll let the photos do most of the talking....
Okay, see that Dump Truck up on that hill in the picture below?

Notice how BIG it seems from so far away?

Wait for it....wait for it....

Hey look! I'm up on the Dump Truck!
This was a mining dump truck. The tires alone were OVER 8 feet in diameter and get this...it could top out at 40mph. Road rage?? Not in THIS truck...you own the road in this thing. See? We're tiny, measly little people compared to this truck.


We've been trying to take more adventures with Sophie so stay tuned! Hopefully I can fulfill more than one post a month!

No comments: