Sunday, June 21, 2009

Confession time

They say confession does the soul good, right? Well, I have a confession to make.

At just one day shy of seven months old, Sophie is still in our bedroom. She's sleeping in her pack and play - bassinet portion. I know, I know...I can hear all your gasps and the shaking of your heads. We've had every intention of moving her out for months now. At first it was "Let's get her sleeping through the night again." This was said after our trip to Missouri. In March. Yes, MARCH! Oh she's been sleeping through the night since then, we just haven't moved her. Then it was "Wait until I get the shelving up in her room." Yeah, still hasn't happened.

And now? Well, the logical part of my brain knows we'd ALL sleep better with her in her room. It's right next to our room so it's not like she wouldn't be close by. The irrational Mom part of my brain? Well that side is just silly. I've gotten so used to having her in the same room. I LIKE knowing I can hear her wiggle. I LIKE knowing she's an arm's length away if she needs me. I LIKE when she wakes up in the morning, Y will pick her up and put her in bed with me so we can snuggle while he lets the dogs out and prepares her bottle. I LIKE having her near, dangit!

*Sigh* I never thought I'd be this way. So attached, so afraid to let her go - even if it is just to the next room.

In other miscellaneous news, Sophie's Great Gram passed away June 9th. It was a difficult week watching her go but we all know she's at peace and in a much better place now. Since there was so little family left and those that were, were not in good health to travel, she was cremated and we'll honor her life when we decide where to spread her ashes.

Sophie's first tooth.
Taken just one day before tooth #2 popped through.

Miss S can now crawl. BACKWARDS! She gets up on all fours, starts rocking, then goes backwards. I laugh every. single. time. She doesn't think it's so funny some days. Her second, bottom tooth popped through on Thursday. Ahhhhhhh! My baby girl is growing up!

No comments: